OBJAVLJENO V: Uradni list RS (mednarodne) 15-75/1994, stran 946 DATUM OBJAVE: 18.8.1994
VELJAVNOST: od 19.8.1994 / UPORABA: od 19.8.1994
RS (mednarodne) 15-75/1994
Čistopis se uporablja od 19.8.1994 do nadaljnjega. Status čistopisa na današnji dan, 14.4.2021: AKTUALEN.
Uradni list RS - Mednarodne pogodbe, št. 15/94
75. Zakon o ratifikaciji Sporazuma med Republiko Avstrijo, Republiko Bolgarijo, Republiko Madžarsko, Republiko Poljsko, Slovaško republiko in Republiko Slovenijo o vzpostavitvi sodelovanja v vzgoji in izobraževanju v okviru srednjeevropskega programa o izmenjavi univerzitetnih študijev (CEEPUS)
O RAZGLASITVI ZAKONA O RATIFIKACIJI SPORAZUMA MED REPUBLIKO AVSTRIJO, REPUBLIKO BOLGARIJO, REPUBLIKO MADŽARSKO, REPUBLIKO POLJSKO, SLOVAŠKO REPUBLIKO IN REPUBLIKO SLOVENIJO O VZPOSTAVITVI SODELOVANJA V VZGOJI IN IZOBRAŽEVANJU V OKVIRU SREDNJEEVROPSKEGA PROGRAMA O IZMENJAVI UNIVERZITETNIH ŠTUDIJEV (CEEPUS)
O RATIFIKACIJI SPORAZUMA MED REPUBLIKO AVSTRIJO, REPUBLIKO BOLGARIJO, REPUBLIKO MADŽARSKO, REPUBLIKO POLJSKO, SLOVAŠKO REPUBLIKO IN REPUBLIKO SLOVENIJO O VZPOSTAVITVI SODELOVANJA V VZGOJI IN IZOBRAŽEVANJU V OKVIRU SREDNJEEVROPSKEGA PROGRAMA O IZMENJAVI UNIVERZITETNIH ŠTUDIJEV (CEEPUS)
AG R E E M E N T
between the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Poland, the Slovak Republic and the Republic of Slovenia establishing cooperation in the field of education and training within the framework of the Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies (»CEEPUS«)
The Republic of Austria, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Poland, the Slovak Republic and the Republic of Slovenia, hereinafter called the »Contracting Parties«,
have agreed as follows:
Cooperation between the Contracting Parties shall be established in the field of education and training, in particular inter-university cooperation and mobility in the context of the implementation of CEEPUS. The actions of the CEEPUS programme are set out in Annex I which forms an integral part of the present Agreement.
(1) For the purposes of the Agreement, the terms »University« and »Universities« mean all types of post-secondary education and training establishments which offer qualifications of diplomas of that level, whatever such establishments may be called in the Contracting Parties.
(2) For the purpose of this Agreement, the term »academic year« means the period of time from September 1st until August 31st.
(3) Students registered at such Universities, regardless of the field of study, are eligible for support within the CEEPUS programme, up to and including doctoral or post graduate level, provided that the period of study or vocational training carried out in accordance with the present Agreement at a host University or a host establishment, which is compatible with the curriculum at the student's home University, forms part of his or her scientific and/or vocational training.
Furthermore, the CEEPUS programme shall support the mobility of teaching staff of higher education establishments to promote transnational inter-university cooperation and to enhance the Central European dimension of university curricula.
The CEEPUS programme shall not cover research and technological development activities.
(1) A Joint Committee of Ministers, each of them representing one of the Contracting Parties, is hereby established. The Joint Committee of Ministers shall be responsible
(i) for all steps and decisions necessary to ensure the implementation and promotion of the CEEPUS programme and
(ii) for the approval of evaluation reports and the restructuring of the programme.
(2) The Joint Committee of Ministers shall meet at least once a year. Ministers unable to attend a meeting shall be represented by their high officials. The Joint Committee of Ministers may establish a panel of their high officials to decide on those issues which the Joint Committee has agreed upon.
(3) The Joint Committee of Ministers shall elect one of its members to act as chairman of the Committee for a period of one year.
(4) The Joint Committee shall make every effort to reach agreement by consensus regarding all decisions to ensure the implementation and promotion of the programme as described in Annex I. Should consensus not be attainable, the matter shall be subject to decision by two-thirds majority of the Committee members present and voting.
(5) Concerning the annual budget of all Contracting Parties and their exchange quotas, i.e. the number of scholarship months per academic year to facilitate the actions described in Annex I each Contracting Party shall make a pledge. The Joint Committee takes a final unanimous overall decision on all pledges.
(1) All decisions concerning the selection of projects described in Annex I (Actions 1-4) shall be made by the Joint Committee of Ministers; or by a panel of high officials, as described in Article 3. Academics or other experts shall be consulted to support the selection process.
(2) After entry into force of the present agreement, each Contracting Party shall nominate a national CEEPUS office with the following responsibilities and notify the Joint Committee thereof:
• advertising in order to promote the programme in close cooperation with the Central CEEPUS Office and the other national CEEPUS offices;
• receipt of applications;
• preparation of the awarding of scholarships to applicants;
• securing of a place to study for incoming scholarship holders;
• awarding scholarships (as described in Annex I under Action 5);
• organizing scholarship payment;
• receipt of reports;
• carrying out national evaluation of the programme;
• annual reports.
(1) A Central CEEPUS Office shall be established in Vienna. The Central CEEPUS Office shall have such legal capacity as may be necessary for the exercise of its functions. The Central CEEPUS Office, its staff and representatives of the Contracting Parties to the Central CEEPUS Office shall enjoy such privileges and immunities as are necessary for their functions.
(2) The Secretary General of the Central CEEPUS office shall be elected by a two thirds majority of the Joint Committee for a period of five years upon proposition by the Republic of Austria. The Secretary General may be recalled before the end of his/her term by unanimous decision of the Joint Committee of Ministers.
(3) The necessary infrastructure, including the salaries of the Secretary General and the staff, of the Central CEEPUS Office shall be financed by the Republic of Austria. Each Contracting Party is entitled to dispatch additional staff to the office at their own expense.
The Secretary General shall lay down the rules of procedure of the Central CEEPUS Office and notify the joint Committee thereof.
(4) The Central CEEPUS office shall serve solely as a coordinating and evaluating facility, whereas the Contracting Parties shall retain full power over their national budget designated for mobility and exchange actions described in Annex I.
(5) The Central CEEPUS Office shall furthermore:
• be responsible for the development of a joint public relations strategy for the programme and advise the Contracting Parties on informative issues;
• publish information on the Contracting Parties Universities in order to promote academic mobility among them;
• take over responsibility for the preparation of an annual progress report and carry out the overall evaluation of the CEEPUS programme;
• submit proposals for further programme development;
• be responsible for preparation and organisation as well as keeping the minutes of the. meetings of the Joint Committee of Ministers;
• upon request support the implementation of the decisions agreed upon by the Joint Committee.
The Contracting Parties shall make all efforts to abstain from any restrictions concerning the free movement and residence of individuals participating in mobility actions covered by the present Agreement.
(1) The present Agreement shall remain in force for a period of five years. It may be renewed for a further period upon agreement of the Contracting Parties. A review of the present Agreement shall be completed before the end of the third academic year after entry into force. This review shall be based on an overall evaluation of the CEEPUS programme.
(2) Either Contracting Party may at any time request a revision of the Agreement. For this purpose, it shall submit a written request to the chairman of the Joint Committee of Ministers and the other Contracting Parties. All decisions concerning the revision of the present Agreement shall be made by unanimous decision of the Joint Committee of Ministers.
(1) The present Agreement shall be open for signature at Budapest, Hungary until December 8th, 1993 by the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Bulgaria, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Poland, the Slovak Republic and the Republic of Slovenia. It shall thereafter be open for accession.
(2) This Agreement and revisions thereof shall be subject to approval by the Contracting Parties and the documents of approval shall be deposited with the Hungarian Ministry of Education and Culture, referred to in this Agreements as »the Depositary«.
(3) This Agreement shall enter into force upon the first day of the third month following the deposit of the documents of approval by not less than three Contracting Parties.
(4) Any State not mentioned in para. 1 may accede thereto by unanimous invitation by the Joint Committee. Any State wishing to become a Contracting Party may notify the Depositary in writing of this intention.
(5) The Depositary shall inform all Contracting Parties of all notifications and documents of approval received.
(6) For any State which has become a Contracting Party after entry into force of the present Agreement full participation in programme activities as laid down in Annex I shall take place in accordance with the provisions unanimously decided upon by the Joint Committee.
At any time a Contracting Party may withdraw from the Agreement by giving written notice to the Depositary. Any such withdrawal shall take effect upon expiry of at least six months from the date of receipt by the Depositary of the notification of withdrawal; however, the Joint Committee may lay down a period longer than six but less than 12 months for the entry into force of the withdrawal notified.
(1) Any dispute between two or more contracting parties, or between any of them and the Central CEEPUS Office, concerning the interpretation or application of the present Agreement or its Annex, which cannot be settled by the Joint Committee of Ministers, shall, at the request of any party to the dispute, be submitted to arbitration.
(2) The arbitration tribunal shall consist of three members. Each party to the dispute shall nominate one arbitrator; the first two arbitrators shall nominate the third arbitrator, who shall be the chairman of the arbitration tribunal.
(3) The arbitration tribunal shall determine its seat and establish its own rules of procedure.
(4) The award of the arbitration tribunal shall be made by a majority of its members, who may not abstain from voting. This award shall be final and binding on all parties to the dispute and no appeal shall lie against it. The parties shall comply with the award without delay. In the event of a dispute as to its meaning or scope, the arbitration tribunal shall interprete it at the request of any party to the dispute.
The original of the present Agreement, of which the English text is authentic, shall be deposited with the Depositary.
In witness whereof the undersigned being duly authorized to that effect, have signed this Agreement.
Done at Budapest, Hungary on the eighth day of December one thousand nine hundred and ninety three.
CEEPUS: Annex I
Action 1: Establishment and Operation of a Central European University Network
The Contracting Parties shall develop and promote a Central European University Network made up of various individual networks. This Network is designed to stimulate academic mobility, in particular student mobility within Central Europe and to promote Central European cooperation in cultural and scientific matters.
• 1) A network shall comprise at least three Universities and two of them shall belong to different Contracting Parties, although networks shall be permitted within an initial phase of one year. However, priority shall be given to networks consisting of more than two Contracting Parties.
• 2) Any University desiring to participate in a CEEPUS network shall meet the following requirements:
• a) Periods of study and/or practical training completed at one participating University and/or institution shall also be fully recognized at the partner institutions.
• b) The partners shall contrive to develop joint curricula and a system to facilitate the mutual recognition of studies, including post graduate training.
• c) In order to facilitate student mobility, CEEPUS courses and/or lectures shall be held also in English, German or French, respectively.
• d) A student studying within the CEEPUS framework shall be exempt from any registration and/or tuition fees whatsoever.
• e) CEEPUS shall not cover overhead costs or expenses related to organisational purposes.
Action 2: Intensive Courses
The Contracting Parties agree to promote intensive courses under the provision that
• 1) these courses are designed to attract participants from as many Contracting Parties as possible, including the host country. Participants are defined as students and/or lecturers.
• 2) these courses are classified as
a) summerschools dedicated to a specific topic
b) intensive training courses – over a period of at least two weeks – for young teaching staff.
Congresses and similar events are explicitly excluded.
Action 3: Language Courses
The Contracting Parties agree to promote language courses under the provision that these are »dual« courses, i.e. courses for groups of participants from two Contracting Parties, with each group studying the language of the other group. Each course may be complemented by leisure activities to foster mutual understanding. These activities shall not, however, be included in CEEPUS financing.
Action 4: Student Excursions
The Contracting Parties agree to promote student excursions under the provision that these excursions
• 1) serve a scientific purpose and/or vocational training and make use of a specific part to the infra-structure of the host country; or
• 2) serve a scientific purpose and/or vocational training and are jointly organized.
Action 5: Student and Teacher Mobility Grant Scheme
• 1) The Contracting Parties agree to award individual scholarships to students participating in the CEEPUS activities described under Action 1, Action 4. CEEPUS scholarships may also be granted for research on a doctoral thesis. Priority shall be given to students, for whom a period of study abroad constitutes added value of their studies.
• 2) Grants shall also be awarded to lecturers, visiting professors and teaching staff, provided that they, contribute to transnational University cooperation and/or appropriate training measures.
• 3) Grants shall also be awarded to students and graduates for practical training at a commercial enterprise, research facility or governmental institution in the host country, provided that a definite and structured proposal is made.
• 4) Grants shall be awarded for 12 months at the most.
• 5) CEEPUS grants may also be awarded to students for whom special arrangements for studying and/or vocational training have been made outside a CEEPUS network (Freemovers).
• 6) CEEPUS grants are »comprehensive« grants, i.e. intended to cover the cost of living, expenses for laboratory fees according to general usage in the host country where applicable, housing and insurance during the stay in a host country. CEEPUS grants shall be linked to the cost of living in the respective host country and shall be safeguarded against inflation.
• 7) Since there is no transfer of funds, CEEPUS grants shall be paid by the host country, with the exception of travel allowances, which shall be paid by the country of origin where applicable.
• 8) The CEEPUS currency is defined as »one scholarship month«. All Contracting Parties shall announce their quotas for the upcoming year of study in yearly intervalls. The minimum requirement shall be 100 scholarship months.
med Republiko Avstrijo, Republiko Bolgarijo, Republiko Madžarsko, Republiko Poljsko, Slovaško Republiko in Republiko Slovenijo o Vzpostavitvi sodelovanja v vzgoji in izobraževanju v okviru srednjeevropskega programa o izmenjavi univerzitetnih študijev (CEEPUS)
Začnite z najboljšim.
VSE NA ENEM MESTU.
Posvetujte se z našim strokovnjakom.
Železna cesta 18
T: +386 1 4324 243